Compared to Deus Ex?

Cripto

I won't give any spoilers, I honestly don't have any. I still have another 10 minutes until I can actually play. I have seen a number of people mentioned this though. That this game reminds them a lot of Deus Ex and plays like a new version of the game. SomeOrdinaryGamers (Muta) mentioned this in a video. I won't post the video, you can look it up if you want. But he said it was a very pleasant surprise. For those of you who have already started playing or those coming in a bit later, how do you think Cyberpunk 2077 compares to Deus Ex?

I have played the game. I was able to play it earlier than others. I have not played it very much. I was not able to get my PC version running for some reason but I was able to play the physical copy I had purchased and honestly didn't intend on opening (lol) and from what I have played, I can see the comparisons and likeness to it. Both share the same themes and both are set in the future, Deus Ex being in 2050s. I feel like Cyberpunk won't be as political but I could be wrong.

I never played but I know what the basis of the story is. I think the whole cyberpunk dystopian future is what is connecting the games the most. I think Cyberpunk 2077 will focus more on national issues within a confined region of the country vs worldly issues and terrorism. 

They have the genre the same but that is it. I mean I don't see the comparisons with characters or plot in the sense that it goes any deeper than being in a cyberpunk future with a fracture in government/power. I guess if you do like Deus Ex, you are likely to enjoy this one as well but I don't think the games are so much a like that this feels like a remake or a sequel or anything. 

On 12/11/2020 at 9:43 AM, Kip said:

They have the genre the same but that is it. I mean I don't see the comparisons with characters or plot in the sense that it goes any deeper than being in a cyberpunk future with a fracture in government/power. I guess if you do like Deus Ex, you are likely to enjoy this one as well but I don't think the games are so much a like that this feels like a remake or a sequel or anything. 

Yeah it has the same vibe on the surface but the deeper aspects of the story are pretty different. Having played both now, I can say that these are not similar enough to be compared to each other in greater detail. A lot of people compare MGS to Deus Ex as well but Cyberpunk 2077 is nothing like MGS. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 12:02 PM, GridLock said:

Yeah it has the same vibe on the surface but the deeper aspects of the story are pretty different. Having played both now, I can say that these are not similar enough to be compared to each other in greater detail. A lot of people compare MGS to Deus Ex as well but Cyberpunk 2077 is nothing like MGS. 

True. MGS is really its own game in a completely different category. They just share the stealth aspect in certain areas. 

• Like 1