How big will the map be?

19 minutes ago, CyberDemon said:

The book says it is roughly the city is 74 kilometres in size. If you compare this to Witcher 3, it is a lot smaller. It will be closer to the size of GTA V when you add in the side of the Badlands. 

The Badlands will be double that. So we are looking at around 222 and GTA V comes in at 134 I believe so it  not just be close toe GTA V but be a good chunk larger.

• Like 2

Yeah it is easily over 200 km which is great. We will have a sizable map to explore but it won't be too overwhelming. I would not have liked this kind of game to have a humongous map. This is still pretty big but not to the point where I am put off by it. I am assuming quick travel will be a thing. 

• Like 1

I am shocked to see people online (not here) thinking it was going to be small. I mean the GTA V map is pretty big for what it is worth but they wasted a lot of space with water. I don't think that will be the case with Cyberpunk 2077.

On 8/1/2020 at 8:12 PM, Ghost said:

The Badlands will be double that. So we are looking at around 222 and GTA V comes in at 134 I believe so it  not just be close toe GTA V but be a good chunk larger.

So it is going to be GTA V's map and a half in size. That is a good size honestly. I wasn't sure if it was going to be massive or small but this seems to be a good middle ground where it will be big enough to have hours of fun with but not so big you get lost. 

• Like 1
On 8/1/2020 at 8:12 PM, Ghost said:

I didn't know we could get exact numbers that way. Thanks for correcting me. I was under the impression it would be about the same size but knowing it is even larger hypes me up even more. Can't wait to explore it all.

• Like 1