Night City - Most important locations

RiotRaven

For anyone interested in a bit about the big city and the prime locations, I found some tid-bits on PC Gamer that might be an interesting read for you.

Nothing about the descriptions are spoiler-induced so no worries there. If you want to be completely surprised though, just ignore this thread. 

City Centre
The beating heart of Night City, the central district covers the metropolis’ Downtown and Corp Plaza areas. The showiest part of the city, it immediately stands out from other districts thanks to its glittering skyscrapers. Over the decades, the City Centre has become one of the most heavily fortified areas of Night City. You'll pay a lot more than a congestion charge if you try to get in when you're not wanted.

Heywood
Heywood is a district defined by contrast. Like the city it is part of, this area plays home both the decadent and the deprived. The northern area of the district, spanning Wellsprings and The Glen, play home to trendy skyscrapers and scenic parks. Travel south, however, and slums soon pop into view. Gangs such as 6th Street and the Valentinos have claimed Heywood’s poorer districts for themselves, such as the rundown borough of Vista Del Rey.

Pacifica
Originally designed to be a holiday resort that would rake in tourist dollars, Night City's megacorps quickly gave up on this district. Once the money ran out, Pacifica was forgotten by the elite and left to fend for itself. Unfortunately for the people still living in this bereft district, the flush holidaymakers have been replaced by gangs like The Voodoo Boys.

Santo Domingo
One of the oldest districts in Night City, Santo Domingo is also the most industrialised area you’ll find in Cyberpunk 2077. Corporations have stuffed Santo Domingo full of factories, making it a hive of whirring, smoggy industry. Among the billowing plumes of smoke, you’ll find a vibrant community of factory workers who’ve made a home in the district. Most of these working class folk live in rows of identical housing, forming the self-reliant town of Rancho Coronado. Thanks to the workers, shops, schools, bars, and restaurants have popped up all over Santo Domingo.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, RiotRaven said:

Pacifica
Originally designed to be a holiday resort that would rake in tourist dollars, Night City's megacorps quickly gave up on this district. Once the money ran out, Pacifica was forgotten by the elite and left to fend for itself. Unfortunately for the people still living in this bereft district, the flush holidaymakers have been replaced by gangs like The Voodoo Boys.

I remember reading about this spot. This is one of the places I was most interested in exploring. I feel like this is going to be a spot that has a lot of hidden gems too cause it was once a resort area. 

• Like 1
On 11/25/2020 at 7:18 PM, Beanbag said:

So each area will focus on one gang then for sure. I remember seeing the map but people were not entirely sure what to make of it. 

Yeah pretty much but depending on what you do in the game, the territories of control can shift. Like they can grow or become smaller. They will remain in the same general areas though. 

24 minutes ago, StarrShooter said:

How many locations are there? 

I completely forgot the number and I was just reading about it like a month ago. Isn't is like 9 or something? Maybe 6 or 7 within the city itself. 

There are 6 larger areas and within them, 15 districts. So there will be a lot to explore to say the least! I am really looking forward to going to each area and seeing how the city shifts. 

I like that there are variations throughout the city so instead of it looking and feeling the same throughout, we are able to just drive through each area and see the shift happen. I wouldn't have liked it as much if it was just a generic city.