You can toggle nudity on and off

Cripto

In case people planed on playing the game around family during the Christmas season, I know a lot of us have several family gatherings, this is good to know. You will have the option to toggle nudity on and off so if you have kids around or adults you don't want to thinking you are some massive perv, you can enable this and not have any worries. I am not sure if this means it is blurred or the bodies will have clothing on. I haven't found details on that. Just thought I would share this though.

• Like 1

Fantastic! I was wondering about this but completely forgot to ask. I sometimes have my nephews over when my sister has to work overtime so if I happen to be playing this game and they walk in, I won't have to worry about them seeing anything. 

11 minutes ago, CyberDemon said:

I had no idea this was an option but thinking about it, it makes sense to have it. This is probably in favor of people who plan on streaming the game and uploading clips on YouTube. Makes it easier to not have to worry about censoring nudity. 

Same. I saw the title and thought this was about something else. Knowing you can just flip this on and off is helpful. I would imagine you do this in the menu. 

• Like 1

This is great news for people who plan on playing the game for an audience for sure. 

I might try streaming it myself. I don't have a big following but I enjoy doing it now and then just to interact with people while I play games.

First time I am hearing about this but I am assuming this has been a feature they made available awhile ago. Smart thinking. I feel like games in general should move in this direction. Like if people want to censor certain parts of the game, they should be able to for their own enjoyment.

17 minutes ago, Helixblood said:

First time I am hearing about this but I am assuming this has been a feature they made available awhile ago. Smart thinking. I feel like games in general should move in this direction. Like if people want to censor certain parts of the game, they should be able to for their own enjoyment.

I can see the appeal for this for people who want to let their kids play these games or for people who stream but that is it. We are all adults here. We know what nudity and swearing is. I don't see the point of having even more censoring options myself. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, RiotRaven said:

Handy feature for sure. I am sure a lot of people will make use of it. I am not sure how graphic the game will be in terms of sex scenes and the night life so having the option to tone it down is a nice touch.

From what I read and heard, it will be pretty in your face. You know the strippers from GTA V? Yeah, imagine that but more detailed and actual "acts" happening. So this was indeed a wise thing to add! lol

This is good for any of us who have young kids we have to worry about busting in on us playing the game. I have had this happen before and had to quickly distract my son from what he saw. Luckily he was young enough to forget it after he had 4 cookies.  lol

• Like 1
On 11/25/2020 at 7:16 PM, Beanbag said:

This is good for any of us who have young kids we have to worry about busting in on us playing the game. I have had this happen before and had to quickly distract my son from what he saw. Luckily he was young enough to forget it after he had 4 cookies.  lol

I was going to mention this. I don't have any myself but most of my friends do and they don't have the option to play when they are not around. My one friend's kid is home all day thanks to covid and their school doing home-schooling. 

• Like 1

The nudity aspect never bothered me in games and I say that as a woman. I know for some women, it can be a bit weird but they wanted to add real human interactions and narrative. Adults have sex and stuff. Not a big deal. I do like this feature though for the reasons already mentioned. 

On 11/23/2020 at 9:09 AM, Tanykome said:

Same. I saw the title and thought this was about something else. Knowing you can just flip this on and off is helpful. I would imagine you do this in the menu. 

I wonder if there is a shortcut on the controller and keyboard for it while playing. That would make sense for people playing around others but I think this feature was just to turn it on or off if you are streaming the game so it would make sense to just have it in the menu.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, CyberDemon said:

I wonder if there is a shortcut on the controller and keyboard for it while playing. That would make sense for people playing around others but I think this feature was just to turn it on or off if you are streaming the game so it would make sense to just have it in the menu.

That is a good question. I will have to do a bit of digging and see if I see anything about this. I am curious too. I don't know what button would be used for this though on a controller. 

On 11/24/2020 at 10:08 AM, KyleZ said:

I can see the appeal for this for people who want to let their kids play these games or for people who stream but that is it. We are all adults here. We know what nudity and swearing is. I don't see the point of having even more censoring options myself. 

This is true but am sure people will make more use of it beyond this if it becomes an option for adult games. I think it is better than censoring the game for everyone. 

On 11/27/2020 at 2:11 PM, Kip said:

I was going to mention this. I don't have any myself but most of my friends do and they don't have the option to play when they are not around. My one friend's kid is home all day thanks to covid and their school doing home-schooling. 

Oh yeah I completely forgot about that. A lot of kids are at home doing school. Yikes! That and you have "Christmas Vacation" coming up which I think in the US, it is 2 weeks off shortly after the release of the game too.

• Like 1
On 12/4/2020 at 4:36 PM, Beanbag said:

Oh yeah I completely forgot about that. A lot of kids are at home doing school. Yikes! That and you have "Christmas Vacation" coming up which I think in the US, it is 2 weeks off shortly after the release of the game too.

Yup. While they should be sat at a desk most of the day, you know how kids can be. They get nosy and want to know what everyone in the house is doing.