How is the online multiplayer going to be handled?

While I do play multiplayer games, I am more interested in this game for the campaign. I am just hoping that this doesn't follow other titles like GTA V where the story line is one and done and all future focus will be with the multiplayer end of the game. I would rather them invest more in the campaign and keep giving us things to do and places to explore. 

We got a long ways to go for this. From what I read, we likely won't see the multiplayer side of the game till 2022 and the basis of the came as it is right now, all the focus will be on expanding the story and all DLC will go into that. So no worries unless they change their minds.

From what I was reading, they will still be giving the solo campaign DLC even after the multiplayer comes out. I don't think it will be out for awhile though. It would not surprise me if they waited until they were able to re-release it for the next gen consoles. 

The devs said in an interview, it might have been during E3 (not sure) that their focus on the campaign vs multiplayer are being handled as two separate games. So I am thinking this means they will have teams focused on each aspect of the game. 

I am fine with the game being out a good 2 years before they introduce it. This means the multiplayer will end up being better in the long run. Maybe they saw Rockstar's back to back mistakes and wanted to avoid them. 

• Like 1

As long as they take their time with it, I think it will turn out great. I am just hoping that they don't give up with what was stated. Like pulling all their focus away from the main game to fully invest in the online end. I am sure after 2 years, I will have had plenty to enjoy through the game but I would like it to last considering how long they have been developing it for.

On 8/2/2020 at 8:32 PM, Crabby said:

I am fine with the game being out a good 2 years before they introduce it. This means the multiplayer will end up being better in the long run. Maybe they saw Rockstar's back to back mistakes and wanted to avoid them. 

And mistakes those were. Both GTA V online and RDR2 online struggled out the gate and it took them a long time to get a handle on things. Just let the main focus be offline for awhile and then you can ensure major issues don't happen when the online end of the game does get launched. Also, good on them for having separate teams for each side of the game.

• Like 2
On 8/19/2020 at 2:37 PM, GBlack said:

I have a feeling they might try and rush it to be out for next year's holiday season just so they can release it on the next gen consoles with multiplayer live and ready to go.

My friend said the same thing but this is assuming the consoles come out next year. 

Also, they will have to upscale the game and make it compatible with the new consoles which will take time. 

On 8/14/2020 at 5:08 PM, Hantaro said:

And mistakes those were. Both GTA V online and RDR2 online struggled out the gate and it took them a long time to get a handle on things. Just let the main focus be offline for awhile and then you can ensure major issues don't happen when the online end of the game does get launched. Also, good on them for having separate teams for each side of the game.

I would argue that they never got a handle on GTA V online. Especially not for PC users. The game functions but is a functional mess half the time.

• Like 1
On 8/21/2020 at 10:55 PM, ElfWarrior said:

My friend said the same thing but this is assuming the consoles come out next year. 

Also, they will have to upscale the game and make it compatible with the new consoles which will take time. 

I can bet you they already started working on that or they made it to function higher and downgraded it for the current gen consoles. They likely aren't looking to waste any time with getting them out on the PS5 and the new Xbox.

On 8/27/2020 at 8:59 PM, GBlack said:

I can bet you they already started working on that or they made it to function higher and downgraded it for the current gen consoles. They likely aren't looking to waste any time with getting them out on the PS5 and the new Xbox.

The game has been in production since like 2012. Wasting time is their middle name. LOL 

I can't see this being the case but if you are right I will be pleasantly surprised. 

15 hours ago, ElfWarrior said:

The game has been in production since like 2012. Wasting time is their middle name. LOL 

I can't see this being the case but if you are right I will be pleasantly surprised. 

I remember when I first heard about the game and how hyped I was. Most of us thought it would come out in like 2016 and here were are 4 long years later. lol

• Like 1
On 8/30/2020 at 11:57 PM, ElfWarrior said:

That is something I wasn't really considering. They do seem to have enjoyed taking there time in that regard. Well, I guess time will tell then, right?

• Like 1
On 8/31/2020 at 3:07 PM, Crabby said:

I remember when I first heard about the game and how hyped I was. Most of us thought it would come out in like 2016 and here were are 4 long years later. lol

Exactly and I don't mind it, don't get me wrong. If the game ends up being a solid game I will love, I can wait for it but given the history with the development of it, people tend to jump the gun with estimating release dates for stuff far in advance.

• Like 1