Cyberpunk 2077 Will Have Anti-DMCA Streamer Options

This is good news for streamers. They have a system built in that you can turn out that will switch the main soundtrack of the game over to their own customer owned music for the game. This is in an attempt to help Twitch streamers and people who intend on streaming on YouTube. I gotta say, I think their thinking. I hope more games do this int he future since this is now something we have to worry about.

• Like 1

I know YouTube has been rather **** with this stuff for a good 5 years now. I am shocked Twitch has gotten away with it as long as they had been able to. Those record labels want their money! Like to me, having a streamer play your music is a good way to get people interested in music they may have never heard before, but what do I know.

Twitch got into hot water over this last year I think it was but they found a loophole to delay it. They weren't able to do it again which is why they needed to excuse themselves from the entire ordeal and put people in charge of their channels on the matter. If you end up getting in trouble with it, they will be forced to strike your account and this is more of a protection for you than it is for them. YouTube lets people get in trouble, cover their own legal court costs, and so on. Twitch is trying to prevent this.

Glad to see the guys behind Cyberpunk 2077 thought ahead.

I just posted in the other thread about the nudity toggle. I think it is meant to help streamers, this is clearly as well. They want people to be able to play the game and share their experiences. I tip my hat to this. They are smart and thought of their fanbase. 

I do wonder why other companies haven't thought to do this years ago. I think this all started on YouTube back in like 2013. You would think they would consider this. Then again, a lot of games don't feature music by artists so I guess it doesn't matter anyways. 

On 11/23/2020 at 8:39 AM, ElfWarrior said:

Glad to see they thought of this considering this only just became a thing a few months ago on Twitch. It makes sense for gaming companies to have their own branded music for this reason. 

This started at the beginning of the year actually. It just feels like a couple of months ago because people started getting punished for it. That and not many people know the legal issues involved. 

• Like 1

Love seeing this because you know the people in this company care about all their fans, even the ones who profit off of their game via streaming or video. I would hate to see people invest a lot into this game as a streamer or YouTuber only to get told they can't make anything from it.

On 11/22/2020 at 3:18 PM, Jaysun said:

Good. People who want to stream and it is part of their career shouldn't be punished because of stuff like this. It is BS. I don't know the laws or anything around stuff like this but clearly, things need to be changed. 

The laws are outdated for sure. I don't know why they haven't been updated. I don't know the full extent of them myself but it would seem there has to be some kind of protection in place somewhere. I can play music for people everywhere I go in my car and that is fine but a streamer with 9 people watching gets punished. 

• Like 1
On 11/27/2020 at 2:51 PM, SickVic said:

The laws are outdated for sure. I don't know why they haven't been updated. I don't know the full extent of them myself but it would seem there has to be some kind of protection in place somewhere. I can play music for people everywhere I go in my car and that is fine but a streamer with 9 people watching gets punished. 

I wonder if something will be done about this. You know Pewdiepie? He did a video recently that got claimed via these laws so he earned nothing from the video all because he played (horribly might I add) the song from titanic for less than 5 seconds. I hope Twitch don't get as bad as YouTube.

On 11/24/2020 at 9:32 AM, Hantaro said:

This started at the beginning of the year actually. It just feels like a couple of months ago because people started getting punished for it. That and not many people know the legal issues involved. 

You are right. Wow, this year has been a mess. I can't even keep track of things as they happen. Well, at least it is closing in on an end and we will all be able to enjoy the game soon.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Crabby said:

I feel like this is going to be a path many others follow down.

Twitch provides free advertisement from people who are enjoying their games. Same with YouTube. Why punish gamers for it? 

That is the thing. This is good for gaming companies but bad for record labels. Those are the ones who put up the issues with people and the live streaming of music.