Anyone take time off for this weekend?

I unfortunately forgot that I did indeed take time off and I didn't cancel it. I found out last week and was waiting to see if I could change it. Found out today that I can't so I will be off work from the 19th until the 24th. I would have rather taken my days off next week to get the extra day in there from Thanksgiving. Oh well.. 

I was able to change my time off thankfully so I am safe but I can't get time off for December anymore. I would have had to book time off for the month at the end of September to guarantee I got time off. Everyone and their mother takes time off for holiday parties and extended Christmas VKs. 

I was not able to but I don't work on Saturdays or Sundays anyways. Not like it matters. We got the delay anyways. I know a few people who took time off and have nothing going on now though. That has got to suck.

I did. I only took off on the 19th so I can stay up late tonight to play the game. I will just use tomorrow to do some pre-holiday stuff. I am not sure how my family is planning Thanksgiving at this point. 

I did. I was home all day today and I will be home tomorrow as well. I had the weekend off regardless. I slept in and got caught up on some sleep. Going to use tomorrow to do some last minute yard work before winter is here. Going to be warm and sunny at least.

Nope. I wasn't able to and I am happy for it. At the time I was mad but once the delay was announced, I was glad I did because it would have been taken out of my VK days that I wanted to use in December for the holiday week.

On 11/18/2020 at 9:03 PM, Twizted said:

I did. I only took off on the 19th so I can stay up late tonight to play the game. I will just use tomorrow to do some pre-holiday stuff. I am not sure how my family is planning Thanksgiving at this point. 

I did the same. Not a big loss. I have to work tomorrow and Saturday but then I am off Sunday and Monday. So it is like I just got one extra day to myself and it was a paid day off.

I have off work until Friday. lol I took Friday off, off at the weekend, then Monday - Wednesday. No work on Thursday. So yeah, a wasted vacation considering nothing is going on outside of a family dinner.

On 11/23/2020 at 9:11 AM, Tanykome said:

Yup but I was able to go in on Saturday and Friday. Someone called off so I will end up with extra pay this upcoming check so I am happy about that. 

At least you had that option. Once you take a day off and it is approved, you can't work where I am. It sucks cause I would have used my remaining days for the actual release date but December is hard to come by when it comes to getting time off. 

I nearly did but ended up not being able to which was good. I was able to get a few days off for December though so now I can actually have some days to myself to just sit at home and play the game.