Cyberpunk 2077 is NOT for kids!

I can't tell you how many times I have seen people online who were either kids themselves or parents gloating about their son getting excited to play the game. I am talking actual children here, as young as 8 and 9 years old. No one under the age of 17 should be playing this game, period. I don't care how mature you think your 13 to 16 year old is. These regulations are in place to protect your kids. If you have a child, please don't let them play this game until they are of age. 

• Like 1

Agreed.

People who let their children play games like this are being very irresponsible. They think it is cool or something or others are just completely clueless and assume all video games are for children. 

Whoever thinks this game is suitable for a child is a moron. Plain and simple. There is all sorts of uneducated opinions, thoughts, and ideas online and the realm of gaming is not safe from the idiocracy.

Who the f would even think that this is a children's game is beyond me. They do not hide it in the ads. They tell you that you will be a criminal. They show saucy women, guns, etc.  Like, COME ON! 

When I was younger, like 6 or 7, I was playing Mortal Kombat with my brother. Our parents bought us the games. I think back then though, it was a lot different. The gore and killing, fighting, violence was not realistic. It was cartoonish. Now it looks and feels so real in games that I wouldn't let my children play mature games.

• Like 1

Earlier this year I got into an argument with a dude in his late 20's talking about playing the game with his 7 year old. I was like dude, no. This is not the kind of game you let kids play. He was like "He isn't playing it alone, I will be with him"... That doesn't make the game suitable for an f'n 7 year old!  

• Sad 1
20 hours ago, Helixblood said:

Earlier this year I got into an argument with a dude in his late 20's talking about playing the game with his 7 year old. I was like dude, no. This is not the kind of game you let kids play. He was like "He isn't playing it alone, I will be with him"... That doesn't make the game suitable for an f'n 7 year old!  

That is both sad and pathetic. I feel like people who have kids before their are grown adults themselves (can be any age these days) are not great at making decisions like this. 

• Like 1
On 11/16/2020 at 4:48 PM, Hantaro said:

When I was younger, like 6 or 7, I was playing Mortal Kombat with my brother. Our parents bought us the games. I think back then though, it was a lot different. The gore and killing, fighting, violence was not realistic. It was cartoonish. Now it looks and feels so real in games that I wouldn't let my children play mature games.

Same for me. I don't know if people really understand gaming when they let their kids play this kind of stuff though. Like my parents didn't care. They thought "this stuff is cartoons and fake". But if you think like that today and buy your 8 year old GTA V... You are going to have a child with a boat load of questions on your hands. 

• Like 1

I don't know of a single person who argues against this and that makes me happy. Knowing some people do is scary. It is just a slippery slope. Kids need to be kids as long as possible. They shouldn't be learning about drugs, sex, and violence at the age of 8.

My older brother has a friend who lets his kids play whatever they want. Has done for the last 10 years. They are now 14 and 16 and don't listen for crap. The first time I met the youngest one, he insulted me. They always get in trouble at school too. I am sure both will be playing this game.

Anyone who thinks a child, especially one that isn't even a teen yet, should be playing this game is not a good parent. I know it isn't real and it is just a game but it is an adult game with realistic looking people, sex, drugs, violence, and who knows what else. 

Growing up this was not something parents really cared about. Like sure, some did, but most didn't because in the 90's, graphics just weren't that good. These days though, I think parents need to take more responsibility. You can't blame video games for your child's crappy behavior without blaming your crappy parenting for buying the games in the first place.

3 hours ago, SickVic said:

Growing up this was not something parents really cared about. Like sure, some did, but most didn't because in the 90's, graphics just weren't that good. These days though, I think parents need to take more responsibility. You can't blame video games for your child's crappy behavior without blaming your crappy parenting for buying the games in the first place.

I honestly blame bad parenting and horrible school systems. Like I was no angel growing up but I grew up. People I was friends with in my teens, many still act the same and we are in our 30's now. It is pathetic. I think parents who allow children to play whatever they want just to shut them up need to take some kind of parental classes or something. 

• Like 1
On 11/16/2020 at 4:48 PM, Hantaro said:

This is a good point. I was the same way. My parents let me play these kinds of games. I did have friends whose parents were against it though. I think it is important that parents really consider things before allowing their kids to play any video games. I mean even safe ones can become addictive. 

• Like 1
On 11/18/2020 at 9:02 PM, Twizted said:

Same for me. I don't know if people really understand gaming when they let their kids play this kind of stuff though. Like my parents didn't care. They thought "this stuff is cartoons and fake". But if you think like that today and buy your 8 year old GTA V... You are going to have a child with a boat load of questions on your hands. 

A kid wondering what a prostitute is will be the least of their worries. I hope parents out there who intend on playing the game realize Cyberpunk 2077 is not for kids and if they are even tempted to buy the game for a child, they look at the label and understand the rating.

• Like 1
On 11/18/2020 at 8:27 PM, KyleZ said:

That is both sad and pathetic. I feel like people who have kids before their are grown adults themselves (can be any age these days) are not great at making decisions like this. 

Yup. We have children in adult bodies everywhere these days. Some of them have children themselves. I sure hope they make improvements for education in the near future else we will end up with a lot of people who don't know how to adult. 

On 11/24/2020 at 9:27 AM, Hantaro said:

A kid wondering what a prostitute is will be the least of their worries. I hope parents out there who intend on playing the game realize Cyberpunk 2077 is not for kids and if they are even tempted to buy the game for a child, they look at the label and understand the rating.

The more I read on the game too, the more and more dark it is seeming. Like this is the kind of game that could warp a child's mind if that is the case. Not good!

• Like 1

Ya know, the older I get, the dumber people around me seem to become. Maybe they have always been dumb, I really don't know but I have a friend who will be letting his 12 year old son play the game. I just shook my head and told him I won't tell you how to parent your kids but that is a really stupid thing to do. 

On 11/22/2020 at 3:16 PM, Jaysun said:

I honestly blame bad parenting and horrible school systems. Like I was no angel growing up but I grew up. People I was friends with in my teens, many still act the same and we are in our 30's now. It is pathetic. I think parents who allow children to play whatever they want just to shut them up need to take some kind of parental classes or something. 

There should be a better system to protect kids without undermining the parents. I just don't think there is a way for this right now outside of what they have already done with sales ratings. Like you can't be a 12 year old and just walk into a store and buy the game. An adult needs to buy it. 

On 11/25/2020 at 2:12 PM, Twizted said:

The more I read on the game too, the more and more dark it is seeming. Like this is the kind of game that could warp a child's mind if that is the case. Not good!

Oh for sure it can. Heck a game like Call of Duty can do the same. Any game that is meant for adults should not be played by a child. I would say in some cases, 13+ is okay but not for this game, no way in hell.

• Like 1