For those of you who got the Xbox Series X, how is it?

I heard some news that some consoles were having trouble reading discs and some were not reading any at all. I know some people on here got the new systems specifically to play Cyberpunk 2077. I was tempted but ended up deciding I didn't need a new console this year and I am glad I did. I would hate to have an Xbox and it having trouble. I mean even if they do replace them, it can take weeks. I just hope for anyone out there with this issue who intends on playing Cyberpunk 2077, you get the console replaced by then!

My friend preorded one and he ended up with a busted Xbox. It only reads discs sometimes. He send them a support e-mail and I guess they will be in touch about a replacement. I will post what happens when I find out. 

I didn't get either console so I couldn't tell you. I know a few people who did and they haven't mentioned having any issues. If you want to get the new Xbox just go for it. All new tech comes with issues. It is part of the process. 

17 hours ago, ElfWarrior said:

My friend preorded one and he ended up with a busted Xbox. It only reads discs sometimes. He send them a support e-mail and I guess they will be in touch about a replacement. I will post what happens when I find out. 

Please do. I actually did preorder the console but it got canceled so I said screw it, I'll just wait until it comes out to buy it but now I have to wait and see when they come in stock again. I would like to get it before CP2077 comes out but I don't know if that will happen.

Seems to be fine for me. I am not having any issues. I read that some people are but compared to the number of sales they made, it is less than 5% of consoles which is to be expected with new systems. Phones are the same way.

I am not getting the new Xbox, well, either new Xbox. I am likely going to go with Playstation 5 next year. I am in no rush though. I don't need to get the console right away.

My step-bro managed to get two consoles preordered in time. Both of them ended up having issues. One was meant to be for him and the other a gift for our dad since he just retired over the summer and needed something fun to do. Unfortunately, he don't know if he will be able to have them both fixed in time. They are telling him he has to send them in individually and on separate dates. It is a mess. 

My brother got the X series one and it seems to be working just fine. I was over my parents playing it with him the other day. It is a nice system. I don't know anyone personally who had the disc issue. 

I didn't see too many people talking about this but I could have been looking in the wrong areas, who knows. I tend to avoid social media these days so if the bulk of the complaints were there and not on say, Amazon, I likely wouldn't have noticed them. 

On 11/13/2020 at 4:22 PM, Tanykome said:

Please do. I actually did preorder the console but it got canceled so I said screw it, I'll just wait until it comes out to buy it but now I have to wait and see when they come in stock again. I would like to get it before CP2077 comes out but I don't know if that will happen.

I figured I would update. It took 3 days for them to receive the Xbox and another 3 days to ship it out. He is expecting it in the mail on Friday, the 27th. So yeah, it isn't taking as long as some people might have thought. Hopefully the replacement works just fine for him.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, ElfWarrior said:

I figured I would update. It took 3 days for them to receive the Xbox and another 3 days to ship it out. He is expecting it in the mail on Friday, the 27th. So yeah, it isn't taking as long as some people might have thought. Hopefully the replacement works just fine for him.

Nice, thanks for the update. Glad to hear they are working on this fast and in a timely matter. I was worried that they would end up having issues with shipping because of COVID.

• Like 1

My brother got one. The console is nice. I mean the build quality is really nice. I would say it is a lot better than the last Xbox console. He had no issues with the disc drive at all. Not issues elsewhere either. 

On 11/23/2020 at 9:07 AM, Tanykome said:

Nice, thanks for the update. Glad to hear they are working on this fast and in a timely matter. I was worried that they would end up having issues with shipping because of COVID.

Yeah they were pretty fast indeed. I was surprised myself but I think they were prepared for it. It is smart to prepare for the worst when you think about it. New releases are bound to have issues. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, ElfWarrior said:

Yeah they were pretty fast indeed. I was surprised myself but I think they were prepared for it. It is smart to prepare for the worst when you think about it. New releases are bound to have issues. 

I guess you can't check them all before boxing and shipping them out either. That would cost a ton of cash to do. It is unfortunate that any of them are defective but at least they are good about replacements.