What would be better, Steam or GOG?

A friend of mine can't decide. He is new to PC gaming, as of this year. He doesn't have a huge library on Stream so he could go either way. I am not sure what to recommend because I have some games on Steam but I also have games on like 4 other platforms. What do you guys think? 

Since he isn't tied to Steam with a library, he should give GOG a go. I heard that Steam won't have very good support for the game long term and I noticed a lot of support issues with certain games myself just this past year. 

Never downloaded on GOG so I will default and say Steam. I think some people are pulling away from them because there are more options now and they changed the rates at which devs make per game. That was a hot topic last year I think. 

I never liked GOG. I downloaded a game with them once and had issues with it. Got a refund after a few weeks of arguing with people on the site. I downloaded it on Steam and it ran fine. They told me it was my computer. Clearly, it was not.

If I had to choose, I would say Steam since they have been more reliable for me but you really just have to consider which launcher you prefer. That is what it comes down to really.

• Like 1
On 11/16/2020 at 4:41 PM, Cripto said:

If I had to choose, I would say Steam since they have been more reliable for me but you really just have to consider which launcher you prefer. That is what it comes down to really.

This

On 11/16/2020 at 4:30 PM, FearBoz said:

Either or seems to be fine to me. It just comes down to preference. Go with which ever you have more friends on since the game will eventually be playable online. 

And this.

I agree, I would go with Steam but it really comes down to what you play on more and if you intend on playing with your friends in the future when it is online.

I prefer GOG because DRM free is what I'm all about. I never had any problems with their service with either downloading or playing games either. Your mileage may vary though. Going the GOG route will also give CDPR 100% of the money as it won't be split between them and Steam. 

• Like 1
On 11/17/2020 at 11:13 PM, Revanesolm said:

I prefer GOG because DRM free is what I'm all about. I never had any problems with their service with either downloading or playing games either. Your mileage may vary though. Going the GOG route will also give CDPR 100% of the money as it won't be split between them and Steam. 

That is a point I was going to touch on. Steam takes a cut when games are hosted on there and GOG doesn't. There are pros and cons to this for the player but if you want to support the devs more, go with GOG got sure.

That is true. GOG is more in support of the developers which is nice but I still feel like Steam has more going for them in their interface and downloads seem to happen faster for me in comparison.