January 7th?

So I saw some screen grabs floating around from different people showing that Walmart has the DoA for the game on January 7th. Now I am not one to look into these kinds of things too deeply because stores will often set the wrong dates for stuff like this by mistake but I think it is weird how the 7th is a Thursday. It makes me feel like this will be the new new release date they will announce next week... 

Well... I hope there is no solid proof to this. I mean I know Gamestop has done this before when things got messed up. I can't remember which game it was, might have been GTA V or RDR2 but they had the release date wrong and this was prior to the game's date even being officially announced. 

I doubt there is any connection to this but you never know. I am going to assume this is a Walmart issue and not a CDPR issue and not really focus on it all that much. I think you guys should do the same. 

If it does end up getting pushed back to this date, I will admit there was maybe something to this but I highly... HIGHLY doubt a store like Walmart would have some in tell on something like this that other people wouldn't. Or any store for that matter. 

• Like 1

I don't think we need another delay. Bad enough Walmart and other stores canceled preorders of the special edition for people but now Walmart is screwing around with the dates. ffs 2020 needs to be over already.

17 hours ago, Bomberman86 said:

If it does end up getting pushed back to this date, I will admit there was maybe something to this but I highly... HIGHLY doubt a store like Walmart would have some in tell on something like this that other people wouldn't. Or any store for that matter. 

Yup. I was going to say the same thing. Walmart of all places would not have inside information that other places don't. That just sounds very silly! 

• Like 1

Just a coincidence. Ignore it. They clarified the other day that these rumors are just that and not to base anything they are doing on them. They fully intend on getting the game out for December 10th. 

• Like 1
On 11/16/2020 at 4:44 PM, Cripto said:

Just a coincidence. Ignore it. They clarified the other day that these rumors are just that and not to base anything they are doing on them. They fully intend on getting the game out for December 10th. 

I am thinking the same thing. Makes no sense this kind of information would be given to stores this early on. I am sure they know a few days before if a game is getting delayed but not weeks before.

• Like 1

For anyone concerned, more and more people are saying the game will be on time. Yeah, sure they can pull the rug out on us again but it would cost them BIG if they did it with only just over 2 weeks until release. Ignore these rumors and sit tight. The game will come out soon.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Bomberman86 said:

For anyone concerned, more and more people are saying the game will be on time. Yeah, sure they can pull the rug out on us again but it would cost them BIG if they did it with only just over 2 weeks until release. Ignore these rumors and sit tight. The game will come out soon.

Glad someone said it. I think we can just sit back and wait not and stop anticipating another delay. We have had enough of them. They know the last one was the worst one for most fans.