Is there any benefit to preordering vs not?

I really don't know. I know a lot of people who didn't bother preording because they said they aren't getting anything for it. I know it helps to support them prior to the game being released, the company I mean but other than that, I can't seem to find a reason to preorder. 

As far I as I know, the only benefit of preordering the game is having it preinstalled. So you won't have to wait to play it. I am not sure if this includes the patches or not. Might still have to download those after it goes live.

Just support and early access to the DL files. That is about it. For most, that is enough. The game is not going to be small and people already posted about it taking a while to download. A friend of mine said it took nearly 5 hours.

5 hours ago, MarcKoi said:

Just support and early access to the DL files. That is about it. For most, that is enough. The game is not going to be small and people already posted about it taking a while to download. A friend of mine said it took nearly 5 hours.

Damn that is a long time. What internet speeds does he have? The late time a game took over an hour for me was when I installed WoW on my PC and this was years ago. Even on console nothing I have ever played took longer than maybe 45 min.

I think most games offer some incentive, at least this used to be the case but since games are a lot bigger these days, just being able to download them prior to the release is a goof enough bonus. I know this was the only reason for me getting the preorder. 

If you buy the physical copy, I don't think there is any benefit because you still have to wait for the game to come out but I think there may have been a way to have an access code and still download part of the game. Note entirely sure though.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Milly said:

If you buy the physical copy, I don't think there is any benefit because you still have to wait for the game to come out but I think there may have been a way to have an access code and still download part of the game. Note entirely sure though.

That is a good point. I don't remember hearing about this myself but it would make sense they allow people who bought the game to get their system ready for it. 

• Like 1