Sea vehicles?

I remember people asking about air crafts and air travel in the game. It was mentioned that this would only be available via cut-scenes and uncontrolled access. What about things in the water? Boats or subs? Anyone know if these will be in the game?

I think there might be but it depends on how close we can actually get to the ocean. I am not sure if the gameplay will allow for us to be anywhere near the water but I could be wrong.

If you're looking for me, better check under the sea... Cause that is where you'll find me!

I can't see these kinds of vehicles being in the game. Flying ones make sense but there is no reason for us to be under water at any point.

• Haha 1

Yeah I don't know about this. I think the main focus is going to be in the city and the outskirts. Any relation to water or traveling via water doesn't seem to be part of the game from what I can tell.

14 minutes ago, Skellix said:

Yeah I don't know about this. I think the main focus is going to be in the city and the outskirts. Any relation to water or traveling via water doesn't seem to be part of the game from what I can tell.

Yup. There was no indication of there being anything related to the water. I would be surprised. It isn't needed.

The flying ships will be cool to have in game though, even if you can;t control them. Even if they do it like West World where the ships are AI controlled and function as a fast travel option. 

• Like 1

This could be something they add to the game down the road, sure. That can be cool but I can't see it being part of the game with release. All the stuff I have watched and read doesn't even hint at it.

5 hours ago, MarcKoi said:

This could be something they add to the game down the road, sure. That can be cool but I can't see it being part of the game with release. All the stuff I have watched and read doesn't even hint at it.

What would there be to add though? If anything, they will focus on adding more vehicles, weapons, and general story line expansions. Seems silly to have us playing under water. 

Has there been any point where they showed and kind of underwater or near water scenes? I watched all of the trailers and some of the gameplay when they were showing it and I don't remember seeing anything of the sort.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 2:53 PM, Twizted said:

Yup. There was no indication of there being anything related to the water. I would be surprised. It isn't needed.

The flying ships will be cool to have in game though, even if you can;t control them. Even if they do it like West World where the ships are AI controlled and function as a fast travel option. 

Yeah I can't wait to see what they do with those. I mean the entire concept of flying cars always fascinated me. I know there are hover cars in the works but who knows when we will see anything like this IRL.

• Like 1
On 11/9/2020 at 8:25 PM, GBlack said:

What would there be to add though? If anything, they will focus on adding more vehicles, weapons, and general story line expansions. Seems silly to have us playing under water. 

I really don't know but I am not saying your direction is not more practical. I mean it would make sense not to go that route and go with what you mentioned. 

• Like 1

Yeah I don't think this kind of stuff has a place in this game. I mean maybe if they do another one down the road, they can incorporate undersea living areas. Maybe something like from Bioshock but more futuristic. 

Since someone mentioned it in another thread, I thought it was worth saying here. You will be able to go into the water and swim and do stuff but there won't be any kind of water exploration so keeping that in mind, sea vehicles is not likely going to be a thing.