How big with the "Day 0" patch be?

I am wondering if anyone knows about it yet. My internet likes to go up and down all the time. If it ends up being a sizable patch, it could set me back an hour or two and in that case, I would likely just wait until the next day to play it. 

No one knows. They will have a better idea of the size closer to the release. I am guessing we will find out the week the game is coming out since it is coming out on a Thursday. 

• Like 1

yeah we will probably see more about this closer to December. I am sure they will give us an update before it releases. It shouldn't be so big that it takes hours but you never know. On current gen it can, next gen and PC shouldn't have to worry so much.

• Like 1

Hopefully not too big. I would hate for them to release the game and I won't be able to play it until the next day. I am not going to stay up all night waiting to play it. I am going to likely need to work that Friday. 

• Like 1

I guess that is fair to say no one would know yet. They are probably still testing and changing stuff. 

Also meant to put "will" not "with" in the title of the thread. lol I can't edit it. 

And yeah, I really don't want it to be a big one. I would hate to have to wait again after the game actually gets released lol

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, StarrShooter said:

I guess that is fair to say no one would know yet. They are probably still testing and changing stuff. 

Also meant to put "will" not "with" in the title of the thread. lol I can't edit it. 

And yeah, I really don't want it to be a big one. I would hate to have to wait again after the game actually gets released lol

Just keep an eye on their Twitter page. I don't think you need to be logged in or anything or even have an account if you don't to view it. They will likely post about it on there.

• Like 1

We were able to download most of the game already. So I would guess that what will be left is like 10% of the total game itself, including patches and fixes. I wouldn't worry about it being a huge download. 

I can't imagine it will be a huge patch that takes several hours. For most people, it will be 30 min or less. Just get the download going and watch an episode of a show, go pick up some food or snacks, do something to pass the time. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Skellix said:

I am wondering if they will allow people to run the patch who preordered it so the game is ready to go right at midnight. I haven't read anything on this though. 

I actually was going to ask about this. Might be worth trying to get in touch with them on social media. I don't know if they are still responding to people or not. I knew they weren't for a week or so after the delay was announced. 

• Like 1
On 11/7/2020 at 6:47 PM, KyleZ said:

I can't imagine it will be a huge patch that takes several hours. For most people, it will be 30 min or less. Just get the download going and watch an episode of a show, go pick up some food or snacks, do something to pass the time. 

Fair enough. I guess if it does end up taking more than 5 minutes I can just run out and pick up some food or something. I am not sure how things will be functioning then at this point because of the rumors of a second lock down but time will tell.

• Like 1

Like others have mentioned, it is not going to be huge. It might be big but it shouldn't take more than 20 min if you have the game preinstalled. Just start it and find something to do to make the time go by faster.

On 11/9/2020 at 3:07 PM, MarcKoi said:

I actually was going to ask about this. Might be worth trying to get in touch with them on social media. I don't know if they are still responding to people or not. I knew they weren't for a week or so after the delay was announced. 

I'll give it a try tonight. Maybe someone else will respond if they already talked about it. I haven't seen anything on it as of yet though.

• Like 1
On 11/18/2020 at 8:48 PM, Skellix said:

I'll give it a try tonight. Maybe someone else will respond if they already talked about it. I haven't seen anything on it as of yet though.

Did you get any word on it? I know people tend to ask them thousands of questions a day so it can be hard for them to even see everything. Plus, I think only 2 people are in charge of that account.

A friend of mine is assuming it will be around a 10 min patch, if that. The game is pretty big so even a smaller patch will take at least 5 minutes. Just in case it ends up taking longer, I will have a back-up place. I am going to be ordering pizza that night. If the patch ends up being big, I will just go pick it up. If not, I will have it marked for delivery. This is assuming COVID don't mess with my plans. 

On 11/19/2020 at 10:22 PM, MarcKoi said:

Did you get any word on it? I know people tend to ask them thousands of questions a day so it can be hard for them to even see everything. Plus, I think only 2 people are in charge of that account.

Nope. I tried 4 times. I gave up. lol I am not one to keep pestering people online. If I don't get a response, I just move on. I seldom use my Twitter account so they might have just thought it was spam. I don't even have an avatar on there. 

On 11/25/2020 at 1:56 PM, Skellix said:

Nope. I tried 4 times. I gave up. lol I am not one to keep pestering people online. If I don't get a response, I just move on. I seldom use my Twitter account so they might have just thought it was spam. I don't even have an avatar on there. 

Ah, well at least you tried. I guess we will all just have to wait and see. Not much longer now. I think others are right though that it won't be that big.

• Like 1