Hot Take: I want another delay

This is not going to be a very popular opinion. Some people might even yell at me for it. But like @RiotRaven, I have a lot going on in December. I have to travel to two different states to be with two different families. I have to get shopping done. I will be working overtime where I can since I had to take extra time off. I won't be able to play the game until after Christmas and I would rather the game be released in January then have to force myself to avoid spoilers for 20 days. This is just a mess for me.

We can't be the only ones wanting to wait here either. I saw a few others mention this on Reddit and Twitter. This game is for adults and a lot of us adults have things that need to be done during the Holiday season and I am not going to screw over my family to play a video game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I mean I understand your logic with this but I personally don't want another one. I have been waiting and waiting. My holidays consists of going to my parent's house on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Other than that, I have nothing going on. I also have the week of Christmas off. So for me, it coming out in December is better. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Twizted said:

I mean I understand your logic with this but I personally don't want another one. I have been waiting and waiting. My holidays consists of going to my parent's house on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Other than that, I have nothing going on. I also have the week of Christmas off. So for me, it coming out in December is better. 

I have to side with you. While it is not ideal to have a December release because it is the holiday rush month, for me, it ends up being just fine. I would rather play it during my holiday time off rather than wait another month and play it in January when I will be less likely to have any time off from work.

• Like 1

I am fairly busy for the month myself but I am sure I will have time to still enjoy it. I won't be able to play through it as quickly as I'd like so I will need to avoid spoilers regardless but I am okay with that. 

With how my work schedule is looking right now, I will probably have to post-pone starting the game myself. I might just wait for it. Get in January. I wouldn't mind another delay just so I don't get left behind but the world doesn't revolve around me.

I'll be the bad guy and want it too. I mean December 10th is 15 days before Christmas. I not only have things going on with work but with family. I will be lucky to get time to play on my days off. I mean at this rate, I'd be lucky to get 2 hours of playtime in before 2021. 

You are going to make a lot of people mad. Be sure not to post this on Reddit or Twitter LOL

With how everything is going right now, I don't think more people need a reason to be angry. 

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Kip said:

You are going to make a lot of people mad. Be sure not to post this on Reddit or Twitter LOL

With how everything is going right now, I don't think more people need a reason to be angry. 

I check on Reddit now and then and I haven't seen anyone post anything quite like this but I have seen people swearing the game off and you'd be surprised by how many people were in support of it at the time. I can bet most people changed their minds since then though. 

This is a very hot take indeed. LOL I had to laugh. Not because of your situation, I completely understand that, but at the fact that you would want us all to wait even longer only because it is fair to you. No offense or anything. I am just saying the concept of that logic just seems selfish. 

• Like 1

December is not ideal for me either and as much as I would rather the game come out in November or January, I have accepted that it is best to just come out in December. People are going to need to distraction. This world is a mess anymore. At least I will be busy enough for it not to bother me so much.

It doesn't matter to me either way. I am going to be pretty busy too. I can find time I am sure but I will have more time after the holidays for sure. I would rather play it sooner than later but I am not bothered either way anymore. 

If we get another delay, I won't be surprised this time but I still wouldn't wish for one. Another delay could go from December to March so be careful what you are asking for dude! lol

On 11/4/2020 at 4:04 PM, StarrShooter said:

This is a very hot take indeed. LOL I had to laugh. Not because of your situation, I completely understand that, but at the fact that you would want us all to wait even longer only because it is fair to you. No offense or anything. I am just saying the concept of that logic just seems selfish. 

I am kind of feeling the same. I think most people will be able to play the game even though it comes out closer to Christmas. I would wager there are more people who will have more free time vs less free time to play as well. 

• Like 1

You guys gotta put yourselves in someone's shoes who will be forced to wait. Like I can either lose slip, skip work, or screw over my family. So yeah, I am going to have to wait while to play. The free time I have will be limited. I don't want to start the game and be forced to only play it like 30 minutes at a time every few days. 

On 11/7/2020 at 7:00 PM, RiotRaven said:

You guys gotta put yourselves in someone's shoes who will be forced to wait. Like I can either lose slip, skip work, or screw over my family. So yeah, I am going to have to wait while to play. The free time I have will be limited. I don't want to start the game and be forced to only play it like 30 minutes at a time every few days. 

There are far more people who will be able to play than those who wont and I can bet you, even with a busier schedule you will find time to play in December. You are being a bit negative about it. 

Based on what I have read, it looks like you won't be getting another one. No reason to argue over the morals of the OP guys. I can understand both sides. Whatever happens, it is out of our control either way.

On 11/11/2020 at 6:11 PM, StarrShooter said:

There are far more people who will be able to play than those who wont and I can bet you, even with a busier schedule you will find time to play in December. You are being a bit negative about it. 

Am I meant to be positive? This is the 4th delay and it would have been better for me to have taken time off at the end of this month. I can't get time off work next month and I will be busy with family. I am not going to force myself to stay awake just to enjoy the game. At this point, I will likely still end up buying it on the 10th but waiting to actually get into it. I will make my character and probably start the story and hopefully get time off in January to enjoy it.

I don't want this to become a thread of arguments. As it turns out, I might not be doing any traveling. It would seem the lockdowns from this stupid virus are going to get worse again. ffs I am over it...

• Like 1
On 11/18/2020 at 8:50 PM, Skellix said:

I don't want this to become a thread of arguments. As it turns out, I might not be doing any traveling. It would seem the lockdowns from this stupid virus are going to get worse again. ffs I am over it...

Yup. Heard about this. A lot of places are doing more lockdowns. It seems stupid to me. Like if the masks are still being used and people are not going into huge gatherings, there is no need but yet there are places that are forcing it on the general public. 

• Like 1

The chances of this happening are VERY slim so for those of you who were against OP's wishes, need not worry. Things should be fine for us. I was hesitant about commenting in this thread, didn't wanna start any arguments. 

On 11/22/2020 at 12:11 PM, StarrShooter said:

Yup. Heard about this. A lot of places are doing more lockdowns. It seems stupid to me. Like if the masks are still being used and people are not going into huge gatherings, there is no need but yet there are places that are forcing it on the general public. 

Exactly. The first lockdown didn't even do much and now places are on their second and third one. It is only hurting small business owners. My friends father had to close his business in August for good. The lockdown took a hit and people just weren't going out all summer. He owned a small hotel.