Do you think politics is a factor?

Milly

I heard about the delay. Was so upset about it I just didn't want to talk about the game for a few days. I saw the news of what is happening in Poland. Protests against the government over several things but outlawing abortion seems to have tipped people over the edge. The streets in many areas are getting flooded with protesters. Do you think this could have factored in with the delay at all? If not, do you think it will cause the game to be further delayed?

I was going to go into this a bit more in the other thread then noticed you made this one about the topic. I am not sure how politics could interfere with it but I am sure several members of their staff wanted to support this protest so I am expecting it to add to it all. I don't think they had any ideas this would happen though. 

8 minutes ago, SickVic said:

I was going to go into this a bit more in the other thread then noticed you made this one about the topic. I am not sure how politics could interfere with it but I am sure several members of their staff wanted to support this protest so I am expecting it to add to it all. I don't think they had any ideas this would happen though. 

Yeah there is no way they knew this was going to happen but if the game gets delayed again, I think that this might be a factor in it in some shape or form. Like you said, members on their team, especially the female ones, likely want to protest and show their support. 

Maybe. Politics in general has been a mess for most areas in the world. I don't know how something like this could add to the delay but I am sure it is possible. Just a shame. Shame what is happening over there for them and shame for us having to wait even longer :classic_unsure:

I only just heard about what happened there. The fact that they can have large protests, huge even, and people are being civil about it makes me jealous. Here in America, you can't have a peaceful protest without antifa turning it into a city-wide bonfire and 5 finger discount wrestling ring. I don't think this played a factor in the delay though.

When did this all start? Did it start prior to the delay or did it happen after it? 

I don't think they factored it in with the delay itself but if the protests happened after the delay was announced, there is a chance that it could affect things for them. 

19 minutes ago, CyberDemon said:

When did this all start? Did it start prior to the delay or did it happen after it? 

I don't think they factored it in with the delay itself but if the protests happened after the delay was announced, there is a chance that it could affect things for them. 

As far as I know, the protesting has been going on for 10 days. So this all started prior to the announcement of the delay. It could very well have to do with it and they just aren't talking about it because they don't want people getting into political arguments over it.

Wow this has been going on for 10 days? Gotta give them credit. I mean I couldn't protest for 10 days without losing my job no matter how good of a cause it was. Maybe things are different over there. 

I don't think this has anything to do with their decision to delay the game. They just had run into issues. 

On 11/1/2020 at 2:31 PM, FearBoz said:

Wow this has been going on for 10 days? Gotta give them credit. I mean I couldn't protest for 10 days without losing my job no matter how good of a cause it was. Maybe things are different over there. 

I don't think this has anything to do with their decision to delay the game. They just had run into issues. 

Yeah this is what I was thinking. A lot of these protests have been happening all year. I am sure they had other ones going on in Poland as well. This is just the biggest they have had in a while. I feel like even with this going on, they are still able to work and get things done. I mean there was protesting and rioting less than 10 minutes from me not too long ago and I was still expected to go to work and carry on.

I feel like it could be. I don;t know how this would directly impact them as one thing has nothing to do with the other but like some people said, they likely have people who support the protest and want to be out in the streets with everyone else.

If they collectively joined in support of the protest, they likely only did it on one of the days so it couldn't have slowed them down all that much. They most certainly gave themselves extra time with this delay as well. Probably a 5 day job but they made it 3 weeks.