Cyberpunk 2077 no longer qualifies as GotY 2020

Kip

I don't know who follows it here. I know some people don't care while others do... But because of this 4th delay, Cyberpunk's new release date pushes it back to no longer being qualified to win Game of the Year in 2020. I am going to guess that because they are out of the race, one of the other games that was big during lockdown will get it like Animal Crossing. 

I am going to be a pessimist here and say "You think 2020 was a bad year?"... 

I just can't see 2021 getting any better but given the context and all the delays, yeah them going up for the awards next year is probably better. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, GridLock said:

I don't really follow these awards but that is a shame. Felt like this was the only thing work celebrating this year at least from my own life perspective but now, not even sure if it will come out this year. 

Same here. I don't follow them. Haven't cared about them in years but for the devs and the company, it can be a big deal. I am not sure about all the details but holding a game that has one this award is good for them. For that, this feels bad man.

On 10/30/2020 at 8:42 PM, SickVic said:

I am going to be a pessimist here and say "You think 2020 was a bad year?"... 

I just can't see 2021 getting any better but given the context and all the delays, yeah them going up for the awards next year is probably better. 

I lost my job twice this year. TWICE. I am back working now but yeah, this year has been bad and after the US election and things happening politically in other countries, I can't see things improving for a few years. 

I thought the cut off for this was a week prior to Christmas. Like the 16th or something. I guess it happens a lot sooner. It will be interesting to see which game actually wins now without them in the race.

1 hour ago, Neon said:

I thought the cut off for this was a week prior to Christmas. Like the 16th or something. I guess it happens a lot sooner. It will be interesting to see which game actually wins now without them in the race.

It has always been the first week of December from what I remember. After that, any releases get knocked to the next year. It goes according to sales I think. The sales of mid to late December always count for the following year.