It appears that console configurations and testing is the issue?

a7WmNNe_700b.jpg.614b64ad508c912986b16a808e255ec4.jpg

I thought I would post this. It seems they want to have the game ready for the next gen consoles as well. They want to be able to have the game running smoothly on PC, current gen, and next gen. I didn't know they were getting the game ready for the next consoles. I assumed we wouldn't get those games for another year or something. Does this mean they will be releasing them this year for the PS5? 

Also, why couldn't they just release it for PC on time and wait for the other ones?

There is likely a contract in place that prevents them from releasing it early on PC.

As for the releases, the game will be release worldwide for the  PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, PC, and Google Stadia.

A lot of people are blaming Google for this. Saying the Stadia is the reason it got delayed but there is not solid proof on that. It is just a mess. Regardless of what the reason is/was, people are just let down.

On 10/27/2020 at 4:06 PM, MarcKoi said:

There is likely a contract in place that prevents them from releasing it early on PC.

As for the releases, the game will be release worldwide for the  PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, PC, and Google Stadia.

Ah so it is coming out for next gen this year? Well, "this year"... I want to include quotations. I think it will be pushed back until January or February of 2021.

All this sounds like to me is that people over-hyped the crap out of the game to the point where their standards of quality bar has reached a level of being unattainable. 

On 10/29/2020 at 3:39 PM, Kip said:

All this sounds like to me is that people over-hyped the crap out of the game to the point where their standards of quality bar has reached a level of being unattainable. 

That is what a friend of mine was saying. He said they put so much pressure on them to deliver a good game that they have become perfectionists and that is why they keep having setbacks.  

I like how this has sparked a lot of arguments on which console is at fault and no one is blaming PC. LOL

But yeah, while this was not expected I really am not surprised. Not many games get released on so many different consoles in one release.

I am really not surprised they are having these kinds of issues. At this point, I think it would have been better for them to just focus on next gen consoles and not worry about the older ones. I know they will lose out on a market there but the game likely would have been released on time (a different release date to match the new consoles). 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Jaysun said:

I am really not surprised they are having these kinds of issues. At this point, I think it would have been better for them to just focus on next gen consoles and not worry about the older ones. I know they will lose out on a market there but the game likely would have been released on time (a different release date to match the new consoles). 

I have to agree with this. Had they just let it be for next gen, PC, etc. and not focused on the older consoles which will be outdated in 2 years anyways, things would have run smoother for them for sure.

On 10/29/2020 at 3:31 PM, GBlack said:

Ah so it is coming out for next gen this year? Well, "this year"... I want to include quotations. I think it will be pushed back until January or February of 2021.

Could very well be pushed back again but at this point, I am not sure. I mean I feel like there could be another delay but at the same time, I think the 4th time is the charm and we will get it this time... maybe. 

So they intend on having a patch the day the game is coming out. That doesn't surprise me. I think they wanted to avoid this but really can't since the game has already been produced. 

On 11/4/2020 at 3:57 PM, SickVic said:

So they intend on having a patch the day the game is coming out. That doesn't surprise me. I think they wanted to avoid this but really can't since the game has already been produced. 

Someone else here made a thread about that. I actually only just heard about this. I must have missed it on their original post up there. I saw it was delayed, read a few lines, and just got mad lol

• Like 1

I don't know much about game development but my friend just assumed they were having issues with final patches. Like to get issues corrected for each version. The patches were working for some of the versions and not others which is why they delayed it more. They just need to get the patch to be the same for each game.

On 11/5/2020 at 5:25 PM, GridLock said:

Someone else here made a thread about that. I actually only just heard about this. I must have missed it on their original post up there. I saw it was delayed, read a few lines, and just got mad lol

Yeah I overlooked it at first myself. I think a lot of people did because everyone just got either angry or disappointed over the delay itself. I am guessing we will have a sizable patch though on the first day of the release. 

• Like 1

I remember reading about this prior to the announcement. Thinking back, shortly before they announced the game was getting released, there was a rumor floating around that they were having issues with certain ports of the game matching the others and giving different issues/bugs. This was just a rumor but now I am think it was actually factual.