How much money do you think they just wasted?

All the advertisements they had going. The commercials, the billboards, everything... 

I can't imagine how much this is going to cost them to go back on this again and have to redo it all. Must have been millions they lost. 

It is hard to say. I am not sure what billboards cost in different areas. I know commercials aren't cheap and are purchased on a contractual basis. They lost a ton of money there alone. This has got to hurt them big time.

A lot. And I meant A LOT. 

Not to mentioned a lot of the fanbase is lashing out and likely pulling out of preorders if they can. This is a pretty big mess. I just hope they sort through it all.

38 minutes ago, Beanbag said:

A lot. And I meant A LOT. 

Not to mentioned a lot of the fanbase is lashing out and likely pulling out of preorders if they can. This is a pretty big mess. I just hope they sort through it all.

I am seeing a lot of people lose their excitement over the game. I can understand why but some people are really overreacting. If you pull out your preorder and get refunded, that isn't just effecting them it is effecting everyone waiting for the game. If enough people do it, they will have to make budget cuts. 

Most big companies like this have money they can blow through and not really impact the business on a large scale but given the COVID-19 issues of this year, I can bet you that they lost more than they would have normally. 

I am not sure. It depends on which advert campaign you are referring to. Ignoring the boards, the trucks, the merch, and only focusing on online advertisements I can easily see it hitting 1 million for online advertisements just this year alone. I mean think about how much one commercial likely cost them. They had to pay Keanu to do it which is a big chunk right there.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, CyberDemon said:

I am not sure. It depends on which advert campaign you are referring to. Ignoring the boards, the trucks, the merch, and only focusing on online advertisements I can easily see it hitting 1 million for online advertisements just this year alone. I mean think about how much one commercial likely cost them. They had to pay Keanu to do it which is a big chunk right there.

I was thinking this the other day. They had Keanu in two commercials so far. They had to pay him a good chunk of money to be in those. Unless he did them as part of his overall contract. I don't know if they do that with video games.

Lots and lots, and lots. Advertising is not cheap and while they likely got some deals since COVID kind of hit the market, they still paid millions for it. It all ads up. Some of their contracts likely allowed them to change things but I bet you it cost extra!

13 minutes ago, Helixblood said:

Lots and lots, and lots. Advertising is not cheap and while they likely got some deals since COVID kind of hit the market, they still paid millions for it. It all ads up. Some of their contracts likely allowed them to change things but I bet you it cost extra!

That is what I was going to mention. I noticed a lot of advertisers that own space were cutting prices because no one wanted to advertise anything with the virus outbreak happening. Seems like Mr. Amazon is the only one who made out huge because of it. Even though he screwed over affiliates. A friend of mine who runs a site said he went from 16% down to 3% for no reason other than greed. 

• Like 1

My brother works in the industry that is advertisements and he said they lost millions with every delay easy, this last one being the biggest loss. Such a shame man but I am sure they will bounce back once the game is out.

They didn't just waste money, they wasted time. I mean think of everything that had to be put up, printed, shipped out. I feel bad for them in this regard because you can't plan for things like this. Delays happen and clearly they weren't anticipating another one. 

On 11/3/2020 at 8:49 PM, GBlack said:

My brother works in the industry that is advertisements and he said they lost millions with every delay easy, this last one being the biggest loss. Such a shame man but I am sure they will bounce back once the game is out.

Do you know what field he works in particular. I would be curious to know what a breakdown of something like this looks like. I know they had to be pretty damn upset over the loss.

Just? They wasted a lot in advertisements. I mean think of all those cardboard cutouts they had at Bestbuy and GameStop alone that were changed 2 times now. I am sure they have some kind of safety net for something like this but it will most certainly eat into their earnings for the game.

I will say one thing, even though they spent loads and lost, having to respend, their advertisement campaign for the game has made it one of the most anticipated video games in recent years. I had no idea it was as big as it is.