What is up with the rumor about Hideo Kojima being in Cyberpunk 2077?

I read it a few times on Twitter and I saw several groups online talking about it over the last few weeks. I am a pretty big fan of the MGS franchise and would love to see a nod to the creator in the game. Does anyone know where this rumor originated or if there is any truth to it? 

On 8/2/2020 at 8:15 PM, Tanykome said:

Maybe he will just be part of a background scene. I would be fine with that. I can't imagine him having a role in the game with dialogue but I guess you never know.   

That is what I figured when I heard about it. If it does get confirmed, it likely won't be until after the game is released. 

On 7/30/2020 at 9:21 PM, StarrShooter said:

It has to do with the following pictures:

drydh.jpg.0cdcb82f6937dd8df60e9a73fcf629fd.jpg

aer4353.png.5fb717137f8cf9e894093c7f0fd4f285.png

It hasn't been confirmed but this is very detailed character art that could be for the game. No one knows though as it hasn't been announced or confirmed to be official. 

Ah okay, now I see. I was wondering why so many people were getting hyped and excited over this. Would be interesting to see him as a character in the game but I have my doubts.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, SickVic said:

Ah okay, now I see. I was wondering why so many people were getting hyped and excited over this. Would be interesting to see him as a character in the game but I have my doubts.

Yeah I am not sure it will happen either would still be cool. I don't mind people like this being showing in games. They do this in some movies and have done so for years so why not video games as well? 

On 8/3/2020 at 8:51 PM, Hantaro said:

That is what I figured when I heard about it. If it does get confirmed, it likely won't be until after the game is released. 

This makes sense just to keep it as a sort of easter egg type thing. Just let people discover him on their own in the game. I miss the old days where this was possible and people weren't looking to spoil things in games online for everyone else.

• Like 1
On 8/12/2020 at 7:29 PM, Tanykome said:

This makes sense just to keep it as a sort of easter egg type thing. Just let people discover him on their own in the game. I miss the old days where this was possible and people weren't looking to spoil things in games online for everyone else.

Same. I liked the surprise factor for things like this. Things in video games get ruined so easily these days. I often opt to avoid anything related to the game online until I beat it, like after it comes out, just so nothing is spoiled for me.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2020 at 5:06 PM, Hantaro said:

Same. I liked the surprise factor for things like this. Things in video games get ruined so easily these days. I often opt to avoid anything related to the game online until I beat it, like after it comes out, just so nothing is spoiled for me.

I think the way they have handled the game has been good. Like they are allowing us to know enough about the game to gain interest but not so much that every aspect of the game is ruined. 

• Like 1