Jump to content

Do you think they did a good job for male characters?


Hantaro

Recommended Posts

I saw some people complaining a few years back about how male characters in video games tend to be uglier than the females when both are highlighted in the game. In other cases, both are ugly (GTA V's creative characters comes to mind for this one). Do you think Cyberpunk 2077 did a good job at capturing attractive male characters? 

Link to post

I'll be honest, I felt a bit insecure after seeing how good these dudes can look. LOL I mean they did a great job for both male and female features. Making a lady, she can be a 11/10 easy and the guys are the same. They look well thought out. Like they have features in the game where you can easily construct a beautiful person, man or woman.

Link to post
3 hours ago, Neon said:

Yeah I think so. There is a nice mix. You can easily make a dude that looks like a male model if you wanted to. I think that more recent titles (the last 5 or so years) have done a better job with this.

To be fair, a lot of other games don't rely on looks. A big part of this world is being whatever you want to be so modding your body to allow you to feel the way you want and look the way you want is 100% achievable. They had to make them attractive. 

  • Like 1
Link to post

Yeah they did. I don't see any issues with it. I think they actually went above and beyond tbh. Like they didn't have to allow people the ability to be inner-sex characters where they can be trans or whatever label you want in the game.

Link to post

I just like the fact that you can easily make attractive characters period. It doesn't matter if they are male or female, never cared much about gender when it came to video games just so long as the characters look good. I don't want to play a game where it looks like I am playing as a 4th gen adult coming from the product of inbreeding. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
5 hours ago, Twizted said:

I just like the fact that you can easily make attractive characters period. It doesn't matter if they are male or female, never cared much about gender when it came to video games just so long as the characters look good. I don't want to play a game where it looks like I am playing as a 4th gen adult coming from the product of inbreeding. 

I find it to be rare for create-a-character scenarios to make attractive characters much less men. I see a lot of games where females look great and the males just look like ugly brutes. They did a great job with this one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 10/18/2020 at 12:46 AM, KyleZ said:

To be fair, a lot of other games don't rely on looks. A big part of this world is being whatever you want to be so modding your body to allow you to feel the way you want and look the way you want is 100% achievable. They had to make them attractive. 

They didn't have to but I see what you are saying. Like if we were all given the option to alter our bodies and looks in the real world and have it function better than what we have currently, a lot of us would get work done to be more attractive. 

Link to post
30 minutes ago, Neon said:

They didn't have to but I see what you are saying. Like if we were all given the option to alter our bodies and looks in the real world and have it function better than what we have currently, a lot of us would get work done to be more attractive. 

Well yeah, they didn't HAVE to do anything. They didn't have to make the game lol

But you are spot on with what I was referring to. We all want to look and feel good. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 10/19/2020 at 11:20 PM, spaceb0und said:

I find it to be rare for create-a-character scenarios to make attractive characters much less men. I see a lot of games where females look great and the males just look like ugly brutes. They did a great job with this one.

Yeah same. Seems like the games that have good looking characters are either not entirely human or a big focus on the game is customization. Either way, I am happy with what they did.

  • Like 1
Link to post
17 minutes ago, Cripto said:

I mean, yeah? I guess?

I don't really care so much about the characters being "attractive". I just want the look and feel of using them (V) during game play to run smooth and look good.

Most people who play games care about aesthetics. It isn't so much about finding the characters attractive. It is more about them being pleasing to the eye. It is art at the end of the day.

  • Like 1
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...