Jump to content

What is up with the cars?


Recommended Posts

Anyone else notice when watching some of the sample play over the last year, there are like next to no cars on the road while you are driving as V? I thought it was just one video but I have seen several now. What is up with that?

Link to post

I believe this was mentioned not too long ago on a live stream of the game. When you are driving around, less cars will appear on the road just to prevent the roads from being too packed and congested. 

Link to post
8 minutes ago, Cripto said:

I believe this was mentioned not too long ago on a live stream of the game. When you are driving around, less cars will appear on the road just to prevent the roads from being too packed and congested. 

To me, it didn't seem like it was during game play at all. When you see them going through a cut-scene the streets look busy but outside of that, I just don't see a reason why they would reduce the amount of cars just for the sake of you driving your car.  

Link to post

Yeah it was indeed mentioned that the cars aren't as apparent when you are in a car. I am guessing this serves as not only a game mechanic (to make it easier to drive and get places) but also to reduce frame rate issues on current gen consoles. 

Link to post

Maybe it is a function with purpose, maybe not. I feel like they did take a bit too much away to have it feel like the real city streets. If you ever lived in a city, you know the streets are almost entirely active 24/7.

Link to post
20 hours ago, RiotRaven said:

They remove some of the cars on the roads as well as children NPC characters. If you look at some of the more recent footage, it isn't a bad thing. I think it was smart to do both.

For sure with the children. There was no way of avoiding accidents or players purposelessly targeting them for laughs. I didn't think the streets were too crowded though in terms of cars when you aren't in one.

Link to post

I thought at first they did this for the sake of showing and testing the game but I looked into it more and the people who said they purposely remove a lot of the cars on the road is true. When you access your vehicle (get in or on it) you will notice a lot of cars seem to vanish but you will still see enough on the roads for it to feel lively. 

Link to post
On 10/16/2020 at 8:02 PM, Crabby said:

Anyone else notice when watching some of the sample play over the last year, there are like next to no cars on the road while you are driving as V? I thought it was just one video but I have seen several now. What is up with that?

As mentioned by a few others, they reduce the amount of cars on the road to create a more enjoyable driving experience for the player. Not much more to it I'm afraid. Nothing to worry about though, you won't notice it as much playing the game.  

Link to post
On 10/21/2020 at 8:43 PM, StarrShooter said:

Not a big deal for me if this is the case. I want to be able to enjoy driving around and not worry about other cars bashing into me or making it hard to do missions where I need to be on the road.

Same.

I feel like it is only standing out because people are really looking at every detail when they show video footage, game play, and pictures of the game. 

Link to post
On 10/22/2020 at 11:18 PM, ElfWarrior said:

As mentioned by a few others, they reduce the amount of cars on the road to create a more enjoyable driving experience for the player. Not much more to it I'm afraid. Nothing to worry about though, you won't notice it as much playing the game.  

I hope you are right. I don't want to be driving and it feels like a ghost town when the city life, especially at night, is mean to be vibrant and active as heck. 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...